Blend kefir (it’s like a liquid yogurt), strawberries, and a teaspoon of honey for a refreshing protein shake that’s also chock-full of digestion-enhancing probiotics.
A cup of the fruit is packed with vitamins, antioxidants, and more than 4 grams of fiber. For a richer snack, top them with a little light whipping cream.
If you’re an ice cream lover, try this lean alternative: pour a homemade smoothie (like the kefir-strawberry mixture above) into ice cube trays, then freeze until slushy.
Whether in stick or twist form, pretzels are a surprisingly good alternative to chips. One ounce—about a handful—boasts just over 100 calories. To add some metabolism-revving protein, dunk ‘em in yogurt.
For a nutty snack, try Ak-mak crackers (made of stone-ground sesame seeds), multigrain Wasa crackers, or low-fat rye mini toasts. Spread on some hummus or light cheese, or eat with a small slice of lean lunch meat.
Sprinkle some grated low-fat cheese, like Jarlesberg light, in between a couple of high-fiber tortillas, then crisp both sides on a cast-iron skillet or indoor grill. The healthiest cheeses have just 3 to 5 grams of fat per ounce.
Choose 100-calorie packs of 94% fat-free microwave popcorn. Or air-pop your own. Skip the butter. Instead, raid your spice cabinet: Use lime powder for tang, cayenne pepper for heat, or a dash of cinnamon for sweetness.
“It’s high protein, low in sugar, and can really fill you up,” Villacorta says. For more flavor, mix in your own fruit, like sliced papaya.
The darker the better. Chocolate made with at least 70% cacao contains less sugar and more antioxidants than its milky cousin.
Three or four of the chewy, candylike fruit should do the trick. Still hungry? Pair them with a wedge of light cheese like Laughing Cow.
- l0sing reblogged this from triptogliese1
- turningthepagesoflife likes this
- thenewthrill reblogged this from health-heaven
- thenewthrill likes this
- brittgetsfitt reblogged this from health-heaven
- outshine-thestars likes this
- energyorangedustlogy reblogged this from health-heaven
- superkeilah reblogged this from soon2befit
- genetic-perfection reblogged this from health-heaven
- hiptogettingfit reblogged this from health-heaven
- glitterallaround reblogged this from health-heaven
- glitterallaround likes this
- youbecomealegend reblogged this from health-heaven
- committedfitblr reblogged this from health-heaven
- skinnycacao likes this
- thestoryofanemsgirl likes this
- darbonise reblogged this from fats0tofitsp0
- fern-emily reblogged this from health-heaven
- fern-emily likes this
- behealthybefitbetoned reblogged this from soon2befit
- workhardordie reblogged this from soon2befit
- moremilksupply likes this
- barrelofhedgehogs reblogged this from health-heaven
- katysquared reblogged this from health-heaven
- katysquared likes this
- losingittheriteway reblogged this from rising--tidez
- thinnerquicker reblogged this from dare-to-be-healthy
- felistigris likes this
- matildeburnfat reblogged this from health-heaven
- curvyohcurvy reblogged this from bananasandbertiebotts
- willseeadifference likes this
- willseeadifference reblogged this from rising--tidez
- out-o-f-t-h-e-blue likes this
- pearlseeds likes this
- maybeseeyourownreflection likes this
- moment-de-folie likes this
- thehealthproject reblogged this from rising--tidez
- danimiami likes this
- ms-solodolo likes this
- lostmykeyes likes this
- caglala likes this
- dare-to-be-healthy reblogged this from perfect-intentions
- perfect-intentions reblogged this from rising--tidez
- bloodyfamous likes this
- aymbercurves reblogged this from rising--tidez and added:
- sometimeinthenearfuture reblogged this from rising--tidez
- fassioninwonderland reblogged this from rising--tidez