We all know one. That girl whose metabolism is like magic. The girl who looks like a VS model but eats like your brother (well certainly like mine). We all have that jealous glare as we eat our lunch as we watch. But should we really be jealous?
The answer is no. Why? Because while they can abuse their bodies now, it always catches up with you later. This is something my first PT told me and something that really stuck. You can’t just abuse your body and get away scott free. It just doesn’t work like that and it really got me thinking.
I’m currently seeing both ends of the spectrum of this in my family. My sister is 14 this year. She’s inherited my mum’s “amazing metabolism”. She eats junk and still remains tiny. When she came and stayed last year for a week, eating what she ate I put on 2kg while still exercising!! Then…I look at my mother who has had an amazing metabolism for most of her life and abused it…she now has diabetes, high cholesterol and the fact she’s older there is less chance she can bounce back as she once would of. She has to be medicated for the rest of her life for the lifestyle choices she made when she was younger.
So instead of thinking about it that ‘that girl always eats whatever she wants and never gains weight’, shift your thinking to the fact your body has given you a wakeup call NOW so you can improve your quality of life instead of suddenly pouncing on you later in life.
This is absolutely brilliant.
I’m proud to be taking my health seriously as a younger woman. I know that through this journey, I’ll learn what I need to live a healthier and hopefully, longer and happier life.
“shift your thinking to the fact your body has given you a wakeup call NOW so you can improve your quality of life instead of suddenly pouncing on you later in life.” - AMEN!
- cutefaceandachubbywaist reblogged this from carolinesquats
- imisser likes this
- bikinicurves reblogged this from curvecreation
- settlingonperfect reblogged this from againsttheflub
- giselectronic reblogged this from meowlitaaa
- healthybeautifulfit reblogged this from meowlitaaa
- in-shape reblogged this from curvecreation
- againsttheflub reblogged this from curvecreation
- highheelsandnikeshoes reblogged this from hipbonesandhappiness
- theyogisjourney reblogged this from fitandsweaty and added:
- tishasbodaciousblog likes this
- imazingg likes this
- owlbefit reblogged this from fitandsweaty
- fit-isthenew-sexy reblogged this from fitandsweaty
- elegant-imperfection reblogged this from curvecreation and added:
- theperfectoxymoron likes this
- ilive2setyoufree reblogged this from curvecreation
- letuscreateahealthyrevolution reblogged this from fitandsweaty
- s-uppertime likes this
- tiffanygetsfit likes this
- getthinb4summersend reblogged this from curvecreation
- fitandsweaty reblogged this from soon2befit
- mategott reblogged this from soon2befit
- je-ssica reblogged this from meowlitaaa
- hellajerica reblogged this from lok4rock
- beingmefitandfree likes this
- samanthajanek reblogged this from meowlitaaa
- iislanddreams likes this
- thugpugnation likes this
- laura-baby likes this
- hipbonesandhappiness reblogged this from helpmehealthyy
- duckyburriss reblogged this from soon2befit
- xlackofluxuryx likes this
- bailkay reblogged this from soon2befit
- bingeeatingdisorderrecovery reblogged this from soon2befit
- mypersonalfitblog reblogged this from possibilitydweller
- mijnliefje likes this
- skyfloating likes this
- sweetredvine likes this
- possibilitydweller reblogged this from helpmehealthyy
- flowby likes this
- fitbysummer reblogged this from soon2befit
- agglesauce likes this
- jesstoporium likes this
- skinnym00 reblogged this from soon2befit and added:
- fattodayskinniertomorrow reblogged this from soon2befit