Grapefruit: Want to ingest fewer calories during meal time? Eating half a grapefruit prior to gathering around the dinner table can help fill you up enough to where you are able to resist that second helping of tortellini. The plentiful amounts of soluble fiber in grapefruit slow down the digestion process.
Watermelon: Everyone has experienced the stuffed feeling that comes from this colorful fruit. The water invades the space that your stomach leaves open for food, thus making you less likely to pig out. Apples and pears produce a similar result, too.
Berries: If Hollywood still made horror films based around foods, The Attack of the Killer Sweet Tooth could easily be the name of a new thriller. Instead of allowing yourself to succumb to the temptation of a cookie, pop some blackberries or strawberries into your mouth. Frozen blueberries also provide the illusion of enjoying a cold, high-calorie treat (step away from the Häagen-Dazs!).
Cucumber:Refreshing and crunchy, is there anything better? Cucumber has very few calories and helps to stave off liver disease and pancreatic cancer, and even keeps your nails looking amazing due to the high mineral content. Keep a few slices in the fridge for a nourishing bite!
Hot peppers: Although they haven’t been directly linked to weight loss, spicy habaneros or jalapeños aid in curbing the desire to gorge since we typically eat less when our food has a fiery flavor. Hot peppers also comprise the compound capsaicin, which speeds up the metabolism.
Celery: If you’re a self-proclaimed snacker, celery will be your best friend. Not only does it satisfy the need to eat something, but it has virtually no calories (one cup of celery equals a measly nineteen calories). Tip: instead of adding cream cheese or peanut butter to the stalk, give fat-free cottage cheese or fat-free black bean dip a go!
Greek yogurt: Some of us can’t stand traditional yogurt, but when it’s this thick and creamy we will race down to our favorite market just to stock up on it. Besides its wonderful texture, Greek yogurt “keeps you satisfied longer,” according to sports nutritionist Leslie Bonci, MPH, RD, because all proteins take their sweet time leaving your stomach.
Eggs:Start the day off right with seven grams of protein! Having an egg in the morning will keep your body busy because digesting eggs burns more calories than a carb-infested breakfast.
Fish: It has been engrained in our brains that fish is full of omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals. But did you know that wild salmon, tuna, and sardines all make your body more responsive to the fat-burning hormone leptin, which is responsible for suppressing your appetite? If you won’t eat fish, turkey can also help you ditch the extra pounds, as it encourages the release of tryptophan, which helps you sleep. Remember: lack of sleep wreaks havoc on your waistline!
- aimforprogress reblogged this from tipsandmotivation
- luxurycurves reblogged this from ipromiseimonit
- dontwannabethefatkid reblogged this from matchstickmolly
- rrsherborne likes this
- cottoneyecho likes this
- effervessent reblogged this from groohve
- mssle likes this
- jjritchey likes this
- 0000010000000 reblogged this from iwontstandinyourway
- natteiu likes this
- intotheairwaves likes this
- so-manyupsanddowns reblogged this from sarahchann
- leynnnn likes this
- saturdayguacamole likes this
- chocolatecosmosforyou reblogged this from matchstickmolly
- 1o5lbs reblogged this from sarahchann
- fitfifteen reblogged this from geegee-figure and added:
- compromisekid reblogged this from geegee-figure
- ilovehergayness likes this
- imavster11 likes this
- desiretoworkhard reblogged this from sarahchann
- naffy-health-ways reblogged this from geegee-figure
- peachsleep reblogged this from sarahchann
- sarahchann reblogged this from groohve
- myjennaration likes this
- calidesu reblogged this from groohve
- calidesu likes this
- nok-cha likes this
- voxielle reblogged this from geegee-figure
- ohhai-savanna likes this
- groohve reblogged this from geegee-figure
- evenifimbornagain likes this
- k0korostruck likes this
- geegee-figure reblogged this from soon2befit
- demillefeux reblogged this from matchstickmolly
- cela89 reblogged this from startnew-habits
- living-in-dysphoria likes this
- 70lbstothin reblogged this from simplysingleservings
- shitiquiviasha likes this
- littlebitmore-stronger likes this
- rnydazexx likes this
- hyoshin likes this
- ramenh likes this
- asfghjoiufhbnkihqwertyuio likes this
- ohhaisteph likes this
- aloha-itscaseyy likes this
- withlovepandams reblogged this from radicalroland
- roseisroyalty likes this