Chocolate Chunk Greek Yogurt Protein Pancakes:
- 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup of chocolate chunk Chobani Greek yogurt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 packet of truvia
- Dash of baking powder
- Heat up your cooking pan on medium/medium high heat
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Add in the wet ingredients
- Stir until combined but do not over mix
- Spray cooking pan with cooking spray
- Use just under a 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake
- Flip when they start bubbling and the bottom has hardened
- Top with desired toppings
- Enjoy :)
Healthy Pop Tarts; only 29 calories each!
(click on picture for recipe)
Lunch: ‘Apple pie wrap’
I chopped and pan-fried a pink lady apple with a splash of lemon juice and maple syrup until soft. Added some chopped dates and almonds and continued to cook over low heat until the apples were soft and flavours combined. Spread a wholegrain tortilla with almond butter and apple sauce and topped with warm apple mixture, then placed under the grill until tortilla was golden. Served with massive handful raw almonds, grapes and fresh strawberries.
(Source: , via everything-healthy)
With the Halloween season coming up, many people everywhere will be scarfing down overly-processed and sugar filled candies. I thought it would be a great idea to put together a list of healthy guilt free Halloween treats for everyone on the fitblr community to enjoy. I hope everyone has a great Fall/Halloween season!
Healthy Halloween Recipes:
- Eerie Eyeballs
- Ghost Toast
- Pumpkin Carrot Muffins
- Banana Ghost Pops
- Vegan Candy Corn
- Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
- Strawberry Ghosts
- Frozen Frog Eggs
- Vegan Popcorn Balls
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Witches Teeth
- Ghost Pizza
- Jack O’ Lantern Rice Balls
- Tombstone Sandwiches
- Deviled Spider Eggs
- Mummy Juice
- Frankenstein Pizza
- Witch Fingers
If you fancy something chocolately, fudgey and almost unhealthy tasting, try this!
- Mash 1/3 of a large banana in a small bowl with a fork, continuing to mash until it’s like a puree.
- Add as little or as much cocoa powder as you like - I used about 1/2 tsp, and stir until all mixed in. You could also add a natural sweetener like stevia if you wish, but mine was delicious without. (The riper the ‘nana, the better!)
- Spread on to a brown rice cake and top with slivered almonds and shredded coconut. You can really play around with toppings here! Cinnamon, pumpkin seeds and dried fruits would all be awesome too.
Voila! A healthy (vegan) chocolate snack. You can thank me later. ;D